TEMPLE OF POTOSI (ERMITA DEL POTOSÍ)
This ancient building was declared a National Monument on April 23rd of 1997.
It is located in the angle formed by the Calzada de Guanabacoa and Potosí Street in the historical capital, also known as the Villa of Pepe Antonio, and occupies an outstanding place in history and legends.
The Temple was built in 1644 as a tribute to the Immaculate Concepción de María.
It is built in Moroccan style, its roofs are of wooden panelling with all the typical elements that characterise this type of architecture.
The headboard is semi octagonal, while on the outside its eaves are shingled. Inside the Temple two sepulchres can be seen.
For more information: